Monday, July 28, 2008

"Throw a Prawn on the Grill" and Other Aussieisms...

Can it be true? Am I seriously leaving the day after tomorrow? It is true. And it sucks. For the last few weeks I've felt like this new way of life was real and normal, now only to realize that it has been indeed, a vacation, and in 2 days I return to the other side of the world. I'm so full of confused and jumbled thoughts right now. I feel like it's a dream that when I wake up Thursday morning, I'll be waking up in B's bed, him beside me (probably snoring... eugh...), ready for another random day of adventures, or of being lazy. But nope, I'll be in my bed. At my house. In Canada. As far as I could possibly be from the life that for a few short weeks has made so much sense, and would continue to make sense, so long as I could stay a few more weeks. A took me to Griffith today. I got a book of courses and an application. I feel like I'm back at square one as far as this whole education thing goes. What do I do? It would be SUCH a gamble to drop everything at home and move over here to pursue this program (regardless of how awesome it actually looks...) and I can't decide whether or not it's worth it. It's almost as though I am looking for reasons to say no. B snores. He parties a lot. That's... all I can think of right now... Everything else I thought was a negative thing has grown on me and I love all his cute little imperfections. Obviously spending three weeks absolutely together,  24/7 we've had our grumpy spats, but what couple wouldn't, spending that much time together. I just don't know if I could do it. Move here, commit to school, pay the ridiculous $60,000 upfront for the courses... it's just such a huge decision to make, based on a 3 week vacation. I love how I'm here, blogging, when I should be re-packing all my stuff. Like I said, the thoughts are totally jumbled. Hopefully they'll make more sense before the Griffith application deadline... eugh... Peace Out Homies.

No comments: